Posted OnMay 18th
Cash/Risk Manager is a newly created position that has taken responsibilities from the CFO and Corporate Controller. This person is responsible for managing the Company’s vendor in tax compliance, tax planning and accounting for income taxes. They are also responsible for all treasury administration and risk management activities for the Company. He or she will work with financial management within the Company and multiple third-party service provides.
1) Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Accounting.
2) Master’s Degree in Business Taxation and/or Accounting and/or CPA preferred.
3) 5+ years of related experience.
4) Openness to learn
5) Experience with ERP systems. SAP preferred.
6) Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
1) Responsible for oversight/completion of federal, international and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support.
2) Oversight of the tax returns for the Company’s international subsidiaries.
3) Responsible for coordination and management of the global insurance program(s).
4) Responsible for audits of federal and state income tax and state and local filings.
5) Responsible for accounting for income taxes in the US and International subsidiaries. 2
6) Responsible for estimating and monitoring annual cash taxes.
7) Maintenance and organization of the company’s corporate, tax and other compliance related documents.
8) Coordination of accounting for income taxes for international subsidiaries with third party vendors.
9) Oversees treasury function and performs cash projections to effectively manage cash balances and funding levels.
10) Ensure compliance with terms of financing agreements and covenants on an actual and proforma basis.
11) Responsible for transfer pricing and management fee arrangements.
12) Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
13) Ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
14) Responsible for governance approval and auditing of user access to IT systems to ensure compliance and internal control.
15) Responsible for responding to inquiries from regulatory authorities and coordinating appropriate responses.
16) Assist in identifying, mitigating, and assessing tax risks. Find areas of cost reduction.
17) Departmental liaison with IT staff on all technical matters relating to tax and treasury applications.
18) Performs other essential functions as assigned including but not limited to assisting with month and close and reporting.
Measure of Performance and Accountability:
1) Timely and accurate tax compliance submissions
2) Meeting statutory requirements
3) Optimize indirect tax
4) Possess the initiative and creativity for global and M&A tax planning.
5) Main point of contact for the timely coordination and completion of all annual insurance renewals.
6) A self-starter with the ability, drive, and discipline to achieve objectives and bring projects to fruition.
7) A reputation for integrity, maturity and sound business judgment; possess welldeveloped written and oral communication skills; and be an individual contributor, as well as a team-player.
8) Strong interpersonal skills; assertiveness in the face of opposing perspectives.
9) Ability to handle highly confidential information.
10) Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
11) Ability to communicate orally or in writing with shareholders, management, staff, vendors and outside parties in a variety of settings.
12) Adheres to all Company safety standards of performance, Core Values, trainings and other HS&E requirements.
Salary Range: $100,000 – $125,000 plus bonus