Posted OnJune 1st
Our client is located in Mentor, Ohio and they are looking for a Staff Accountant due to continual growth. They are looking for a sharp, detail oriented and personable individual to fill the newly created position of Staff Accountant. This visible and centralized position provides financial and operating performance reporting and compliance direction across the agencies. The Staff Accountant provides direct support to the Controller with tasks relating to grants, acquisition, divestiture, and integrated related activities as well as gathering financial and operational data for reporting purposes. The Staff Accountant will leverage corporate financial policies, procedures, and modeling tools to reconcile, balance, and report on financial positions of the organizations.
• Assisting Controller with all accounting and reporting research, grant, program, and service activity.
• Overseeing grant accounting and reporting processes.
• Assisting in the month, quarter, and year-end financial closes, internal and external reporting processes by creating journal entries and developing reporting templates.
• Develop financial templates, models and analysis tools in Excel or Power BI using and developing a data lake model from other systems.
• Providing information to all levels of management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
• Monitoring internal control policies, procedures and practices to assure compliance with internal and external policies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related area required.
• Ideally 3-5 years accounting/financial and reporting experience.
• Grant accounting experience highly desirable.
• 2+ years’ experience applying accounting/financial principles with an emphasis on analysis of data and use of technology.
• 3 years demonstrated proficiency in Excel (including macros, pivot tables etc) nice to have.
• Demonstrated ability to be highly organized and detail oriented a must.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with all levels of an organization.
• Experience using BlackBaud, Oracle, NetSuite, SAGE Intacct and Power BI in some combination nice to have.
Salary Range: $55,000 – $60,000