Posted OnAugust 9th
Our client is looking to add a Settlements Manager to their growing team! The purpose of this role is to maintain efficient operation of the Settlement Department. Supervise Settlement Associates in completion of driver settlements and Imaging Associate and Receptionist. Communicate with
drivers and agents regarding settlements. Prepare account analysis. Prepare broker settlements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise settlement department staff functions to ensure efficiency of department.
2. Assist in owner operators and carrier settlements when needed and filling in for vacations
for settlement clerk.
3. Extensive telephone contacts with drivers, handling problems or explaining settlements
4. Oversee intercompany settlements.
5. Do new hire orientations.
6. Recap monthly gross revenue for all units and disburse to managers.
7. Print and recap unit deductions for month end and prepare current monthly deductions.
8. Enter all deductions and reimbursements for units received from the safety department.
Set up new units for deductions. Enter all chargeback’s to drivers on rebills.
9. Oversee final cancellations for owner operators when they are terminated. Communicate
funds owed or due for owner operator.
10. Recap unit accounts upon request from owners and or managers. Research problems
with unit accounts. Provide earnings for owners upon request.
11. Account analysis is done monthly to ensure accuracy of general ledger accounts.
12. Prepare driver’s garnishments monthly to be paid to appropriate agency.
13. 1099’s – Handle all inquires regarding 1099’s.
14. Loans- record and maintain all loan balances, calculate interest owed.
15. Accruals- review settlement accruals and open advances.
16. Time sheets-enter and distribute to managers all vacation and sick time used by
• Bachelors degree in related field
• 3-5 years of accounts payable experience
• Ability to efficiently prioritize multiple tasks/projects to meet deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional personal organizational skills
• Experience implementing new technology (preferred)
• Trucking industry experience (preferred)
Salary Range: $60,000 – $80,000