Posted OnApril 16th
Our client is the leading manufacturer of football helmets and shoulder pads, and a top provider of reconditioning services. The Senior Accountant provides financial information and reports for the organization by maintaining, analyzing, preparing and monitoring journal entries, the general ledger and internal accounts. This position contributes to the timeliness and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual closings of the general ledger in accordance with company policies, procedures, and processes.
• Ensures the required information for scheduled reports and month-end closings are collected and processed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Assists with and monitors the monthly close process.
• Prepares cash account reconciliations and timely researches and resolves all reconciling items.
• Distributes daily summary of previous day banking activity.
• Reviews, prepares and posts journal entries, including all monthly recurring entries.
• Prepares monthly Balance Sheet account reconciliations to ensure balances are accurate, reconciling items are properly identified and documented, and adjusting entries are properly recorded.
• Analyzes general ledger activity for compliance to corporate policies, US GAAP and IRS regulations.
• Generates customized financial reports and analysis as requested, including completion of assigned tasks related to the monthly Financial Package.
• Prepares calculations and analysis for third party royalty payments.
• Assists with internal and external audits and timely responds to all audit requests.
• Identifies potential process improvements for recommendation to Accounting management.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• Minimum two (2) years related experience required.
• Excellent proficiency in MS Office applications, primarily Excel.
• Extensive experience using automated accounting and financial reporting systems.
• SAP experience preferred.
• Broad knowledge base of preferred accounting principles, concepts, practices, processes and procedures.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Strong multitasking skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and work independently within deadlines.
• Strong analytical, math and problem-solving skills.
• Careful attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Salary Range: $75k-$95k