Posted OnJanuary 5th
Responsible for oversight of the daily activities in General Accounting including month end close and financial reporting including developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, procedures and controls to ensure accurate and timely financial activities and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
• Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
• Assist with the creation of the annual operating budget and reports on budget to actual variances.
• Assists with monthly forecasting activities.
• Audits departmental accounting data, identifies and corrects errors; applies accounting principles to transactions and recommends revisions in accounting procedures to ensure conformance with applicable statues, laws and General Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Designs internal control systems to ensure the safeguarding of company assets
• Generates and maintains Excel models/ spreadsheets, reconciliations or other reports as requested by management.
• Assists management with expense management, cash flow analysis, audit work, compensation plans, contract review, tax work and any other project as needed.
• Manages employees in the general accounting function.
• Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
• Plans, assigns, directs, reviews and appraises work of direct reports.
• Provides training to new and existing staff as needed.
• Handles personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
• Coaches direct reports to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
This position has direct reports.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (Accounting, Business)
5-10 years of accounting experience, preferably within a service oriented industry or public accounting firm.
Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word required. Database and Great Plains experience desired.
Proven ability to manage accounting and finance project from inception to execution.
Leadership within the accounting function to drive required activities.
Certifications or Licenses
A Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation is desired.
Salary Range: $75,000 – $85,00o + bonus