Posted OnJuly 6th
Directly responsible for conceptual design and specifications for development of automation products, ranging from small component or tooling to extremely large machinery or robotic cell layout designs. Acts as mechanical engineering expert responsible for researching, designing, and analyzing robotic applications through installation and final commissioning.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• Designs automated robotic cell layouts and completes 3D simulations in view of movements, volume minimization, reachability of working points, programming, and minimization of working cycle time.
• Designs & prototypes automation units such as robot EOAT, fixture/clamping mechanisms, measurement stations, cleaning stations, etc.
• Designs and details system structures, fixtures, and transfer stations between robot cells, conveyors, shuttles, etc.
• Identifies potential obstacles presented by raw materials such as physical properties or delivery packaging and helps provide solutions.
• Coordinates with job shop and assembly departments to assure compliance with engineering design.
• Work with suppliers to select qualified components or units.
• Assists with safety risk assessments for robot cells in accordance with current safety standards, identifies possible hazards and determines risk reduction requirements, suggests solutions, and validates.
• Assists with vendor management and procurement.
• Leads automation projects as required.
• Performs automation unit assembly & tests, system integration, and run-off.
• Creates technical design documents and reports.
• Supports preparation of design review presentations with CAD files, schematics, etc. as assigned.
• Responsible for mechanical budget and timeline on individual projects.
Minimum Education & Experience:
• Candidate will have a Degree in Design, Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Mechatronics
• Strong system design, hands-on and prototyping capabilities
• Technical competency in industrial automation / robotics (robots/controls/vision/conveyors/tooling etc.)
• 3+ years of robotics mechanical engineering experience
• Highly versed in pneumatics, vacuum, servo, powertrain, conveyor design.
• EOAT design
• Proficient in 3D modeling software (preferably Creo) and MS Office software applications.
• Proficient at 3-dimensional visualization
• Experience with lean manufacturing, and analysis of manual processes towards the goal of automation.
• Knowledge of industrial standards (ANSI, ASME, OSHA)
• Experience in design for manufacturability, cost effectiveness, and time reduction.
• Solid organizational skills including detail-oriented personality and multitasking skills.
• Ability to troubleshoot systems in production environment.
• Work well independently or in teams
• Proven abilities as an Innovator and creative problem solver
• Have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English (both verbal and written).
Additional Desired Skills:
• Experience in automated assembly, order fulfilment, packaging, material handling.
• Knowledge of CNC machine tool, robot, and motion control.
• Experience in Robot path programming (Nachi, Kawasaki) and PLC programming (RSLogix5000).
• Experience in servo drive and VFD motor control.
• A desire to innovate and create with a willingness to stretch the limits of what’s been done before.
Salary Range $60,000 – $70,000