Posted OnAugust 3rd
Our client, in Independence, Ohio is looking to add a Project Accountant to their team! Under the general direction of the Accounting Supervisor, the Project Accountant will be responsible for
providing support in the processing of financial information for construction projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage a portfolio of 4-6 construction projects
• Process contractor payment applications for monthly billings and prepare project bank draw
• Coordinate with the Project Manager and Site Supervisor to conduct accounting
functions throughout the construction process.
• Serve as a liaison with vendors, banks, as well as various internal stakeholders.
• Obtain insurance and other relevant tools to manage risk and liability for construction projects.
• Maintain financial related project information within accounting system and conduct all
accounting functions according to generally accepted accounting practices.
• All other related duties, as assigned.
• Respectfulness, trustworthiness, empathy and leadership
• The ability to read and interpret construction contracts, lien releases, and other pertinent
• Excellent time management skills
• Strong communication skills and general business acumen
• The ability to communicate and interact with employees at all organizational levels
• Proven ability to plan, organize and implement multiple tasks/projects on a concurrent, real-time basis
Required Qualifications, Education & Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business related preferred
• In lieu of degree, 3 years accounting experience required
• 2 years related experience in real estate or construction industry.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is necessary.
Salary Range: $40,000 – $50,000