Our client is seeking a graduate in engineering technology or construction technology, with a minimum of 10-years’ experience in forensic building, equipment and fire investigations to provide technical assistance and support to engineers for inspection, field testing, monitoring, and field documentation of forensic investigations.
- Interact effectively and productively with the primary engineer, client, other engineers, staff, and outside consultants to complete the assignment in a thorough, accurate, professional, and timely manner.
- Provide technical assistance and support to all engineers for any required inspection, field testing (including building enclosures), monitoring, field documentation, procurement of outside vendors, rental equipment, and other specific technology data required for the assignment.
- Secure, document, and maintain all evidence collected by or received from others. Regularly monitor the master evidence log, and properly dispose of all evidence after close of the assignment.
- Maintain or manage maintenance and replacement for all equipment (vehicles, testing/inspection equipment, tools, cameras, etc.), such that all equipment is properly calibrated, fully functioning and available at all times.
- Develop, upgrade, update, maintain and coordinate with IT consultants all aspects of hardware and software (including engineering, CAD, business, accounting, etc.), Codes, Industry Standards, and library references.
- Regularly monitor the condition of the RFE office building and grounds, and provide opinions and suggestions to management that would the cause the building and grounds to be properly and effectively maintained.
- Interact with RFE Marketing as requested from time to time, for presentations, client meetings, authoring newsletters, rapport marketing, and general input and cooperation for the good of our client.
This position will include assignments throughout OH, PA and WV, and the contiguous states of NY, KY, IN and MI. Regional travel is required (usually day trips; however, longer trips may be required). Although some job tasks could be accomplished remotely, the job is based in the Youngstown office.
This position involves hands-on investigative field work, with follow-up analysis and report writing. Applicants must be in good physical condition, and willing and able to climb ladders, climb pitched roofs, work of off swing stages, enter fire damaged and/or collapse areas, attics, crawl spaces, etc.
Applicants must possess excellent communication skills; excellent writing and speaking skills are a must. Some marketing and administrative tasks also will be required to support the Vice President. Marketing tasks may include visits to clients, group presentations, and training seminars.
- B.S. in engineering or construction technology
- Minimum 10-years of experience in forensic building, equipment and fire investigations. This is not an entry level forensic position
- Hold or be able to obtain the following certifications:
- Certified Fire & Explosion Investigator (NAFI)
- Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (NAFI)
- Evidence Collection Technologist (IAAI)
- Infrared Thermography, Level 1
- FAA Drone Pilot License
- Experience and knowledge of building systems, MEP systems, fire & explosion, evidence control, investigation technologies, CAD, and other technologies associated with forensic investigations
- Experience in building enclosure destructive investigations and related water testing using ASTM and AAMA procedures
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and extremely organized
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- No current non-compete restrictions
- RFE provides a smoke free environment; non-smokers should apply
Our assignments involve determining cause, separating unrelated damage, evaluating extent of damage, preparing scopes for repair/replacement estimates by in-house estimators, and providing litigation support.
Types of assignments include collapse, collision to buildings/bridges, design & construction defects, earth movement, fire, building materials/systems/components defects, mine subsidence, vibration (blasting/construction/traffic) and weather (wind, hail, snow, lightning, flood).
Types of damaged property include single & multi-family housing, hotels, industrial/manufacturing, offices, churches, assembly, restaurants, retail, warehouses, parking structures, swimming pools, bridges and agricultural structures.
Fill Out This Form and Attach Your Resume