Posted OnMarch 29th
Our client is a dynamic global leader in transmission parts and driveline-related products. They offer the broadest product range of quality OE and aftermarket parts as well as premium remanufactured products: including automatic and standard transmission units, transmission rebuild kits and components, remanufactured torque converters, hard parts, valve bodies, differentials, and transfer case kits and components.
Our client is seeking an Accounts Payable Processor. This position is responsible for ensuring vendor invoices are processed accurately and timely in accordance with the company and departmental policy and procedures.
This position offers OT and is in office 1-2 days/week.
The individual will be responsible for the entire accounts payable process for a specific set of vendors, including prepaid vendors and related G/L account balancing. This position will have secondary responsibility to support the other Accounts Payable Processors during absence or vacations.
KEY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Process high volume of purchase order (PO) invoices within vendor terms to maximize available discounts
• Code non-PO miscellaneous invoices with proper account numbers and process within vendor terms
• Identify and resolve invoice discrepancies
• Reconcile vendor statements
• Request invoice copies and credit memos from vendors
• Process credit memos for PO related invoice discrepancies
• Maintain prepaid vendor log Excel spreadsheets on a daily basis and reconcile monthly
• Process prepaid invoices weekly and reconcile logs on a monthly basis with no open items greater than 30 days
• Respond to inquiries from internal and external customers within 24 hours
• Back up the other Processors and during absence and vacations
• Assist in obtaining W9’s from vendors for year-end 1099 processing
• Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• 3+ years of experience working in a fast-paced, high-volume accounts payable department.
• Above average Microsoft Excel experience (sums, lookups, and pivot tables)
• Common knowledge of general accounting practices and procedures
• A high level of responsiveness and cooperative attitude, with a strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at a time.
• Meticulous attention to details with a commitment to producing accurate and quality work
• Must possess the ability to work professionally and independently in a fast-paced, team oriented environment. Capable of working through complex problems and resolving issues efficiently and timely.
• JDE experience is a plus, but not required.
Salary Range: $20-25/hour plus OT